The season of spring flowers and fresh starts, Spring is upon us. I am so excited to start packing away the heavy coats and turtleneck sweaters and take out the brights from the back of my closet. Cherry blossoms are in full bloom here in Nashville and I am loving driving through town seeing pops of pink and purple. With that being said slow you roll and embrace Spring with the shorter hem lines and added pop of color, don’t blast into Summer fashion just yet. So here are my 12 Spring essentials that everyone needs for 2019:
1. Statement earrings | Accessorizing is sometimes something I lack in but what I love most in other people’s outfits. I am trying to add more and more jewelry and accessories to my closet and these caught my eye. I love the pop of color and the small tassels. Statement earrings can really dress up your outfit and turn your outfit from bland to bam.
2. Mom Jeans | You truly cannot go wrong with a good pair of mom jeans. They go with everything. Tees, camis, embellished tops, blazers, bodysuits. They are number one so comfy and I love the feminine but effortless look they give to each outfit. Dress them up with a pump or heel or throw on a pair of sneaks and change the whole vibe.
3. Wedge | You need a good wedge you can count on through Spring. These are super comfortable & go with almost everything. I love that they will give you some height but are still at a comfortable wedge to walk around in for longer periods of time.
4. Pastel dress | Spring means the pastel color wheel comes out to play and this pastel blue embroidered dress with cream underneath gives me all the spring-y feels. Find a go to dress you can wear to a Spring wedding or to an event. This would also be super cute for Easter, but no worries Easter dress guide coming to you soon with LOTS of options.
5. Floral | I own this and the floral and ruffles have me LIVING for this dress. I love the soft colors and the flowy feel, it truly is one of my favorite dresses in my closet. Picking florals can be scary because we do not want the overtop floral but a slight pattern of florals will make your outfit POP.
6. Hair scarves | I think my most favorite trend at the moment is this. I am all about my hair scarves. Top knot = hair scarf. Half up half down = hair scarf. Ponytail = hair scarf. Braid = hair scarf. Hair down = hair scarf around the neck or tie it on your bag. Basically you need hair scarves in your life. My favorite ones are from madewell, but forever 21 has cute options in store as well.
7.Sunnies | I love these cute heart shaped sunglasses to give an extra flirty look for Spring. Spring = romance season. These glasses are sure you to catch someone’s eye and the brown will go with all the pastel colors you will be wearing. The best part, these glasses are $16!
8. Pointy toe Mules | Mules are a huge trend for Spring and Summer this season. I love these white ones. Pairing these with jeans, dresses, skirts, will give a casual but super classy look. These and these Sam Edelman one’s are two I have my eye on.
9. Flow top | You will want a flowy top and I love this one with stripes of colors. Super cute with shorts!
10. Blazer | A pink blazer will really make a statement, but any lighter color will do. Blazers can make an outfit feel edgy or more feminine. Depending the look you are going for. I love to dress these with dresses or even a pants suit to be a total girl boss. One look I have been loving is mom jeans, white tee or came, and a blazer with some heels.
11. Puffy Sleeve | Lets just take a moment for the sleeve. I love the added puff in a sleeve and it is so in for Spring. This would go amazing with a longer or midi skirt that has a pop of color. Sleeves really take your outfit up a notch, and I am feeling total Blair Waldorf vibes.
12. Rope bag | If you have seen these once on Instagram, you have seen them a million times. The trend is super high right now. Tip : add a cute tassel or hair scarf to really incorporate the bag with your outfit. Take it pool side or a night on the town, this bag will be in all Spring & Summer long.
Well that is all I have for you today. I hope you find a few essentials your closet is needing for this Spring and add some new goodies to your wardrobe. Remember Spring is about trying new things, do not be afraid to try a whispy violet or a rosy red. Tag me on Instagram and let me know what Spring trend you are loving at the moment.