Oh how I love me some TJ’s. Every Sunday the whole city of Nashville & their third cousin’s go to Trader Joe’s. Why do I keep going on Sunday? I am not sure but something about getting groceries on Sunday makes feel prepped for the week. I honestly rarely ever go to another store now a days. I can find almost everything I need at Trader Joe’s and they have some killer price points. Convenence is their marketing point, but people also think it is all healthy. Everything is not! Read the food labels! Without further adieu, here are my favorite things to get each week:
- Trader Joe’s Gone Bananas: $2 and my favorite snack after dinner. They are bananas dipped in dark chocolate and they are delicious. I don’t always need a sweet after dinner, but having these helps me from reaching for the gelato or cookies.
- Flowers: The flower selection at TJ’s is amazing. I love getting some fresh flowers each week to brighten up the kitchen.
- Asparagus saute: This is just asparagus, red onion, and mushrooms chopped up prepared for you to pour in the skillet & it is so good. I will usually put this with some chicken and make this like a stir fry.
- Mozzarella and Tomato Salad: This is my favorite prepared salad at TJ’s. On the days I am running a little late to get out the door in the morning I love having this in my fridge to grab. This has tomatoes, mozzarella, black olives, green onion and a balsamic dressing. I try not to eat these all the time as I like to make my own salads for lunch, but these are so good when I am on the go.
- Sweet Potato Frites: THE BEST FROZEN SWEET POTATO FRIES EVER. Y’all these are SO DELICIOUS. They have the best taste, get the perfect crisp in the oven, and did I say delicious?
- Mexican Style Roasted Corn with Cotija Cheese: I accidentally grabbed this corn one time, and now it is in my cart almost weekly. This goes great with taco night. This corn is like eating street corn on the cob, minus the cob.
- Cauliflower Gnocchi: This is a pretty unique new food TJ’s offers. I love this with a little pasta sauce and arugula. It is not actually that healthy for you so I do not eat this weekly, but when you need some comfort food and do not want to go all out with pasta try this!!
- Everything but the Bagel Seasoning: Ah the holy grail of TJ’s. I am sure you have heard of this before, but it really is that good. I love putting this on my eggs in the morning, on chicken, and veggies. Just get it and try it for yourself!
- Chicken strips: plain, simple, but so perfect. They are prepared grilled chicken strips that has 12oz in each pack. I put these in my salad that I make for lunch daily. I love not having to cook my own chicken, and they are not frozen so I literally just put them in my salad and eat it. They have flavors like balsamic vinegar chicken (super yum) and others. This is a staple of mine!
- Avocado Number’s Guac to Go: These are a very recent find of mine, but obsessed. They are in little individual packets and perfect for on the go or snacks! They are 100 calories in each packet, and love to bring these for lunch at work. I usually will either cut up bell peppers or cucumbers to eat with it.
- Organic Ginger Turmeric Herbal Tea: This stuff does not taste amazing, but the benefits of ginger and turmeric outweigh the taste. I try and drink this nightly. I usually will actually add a chamomile tea to it which helps the strong turmeric taste, but still get the benefits. My favorite nightly routine to decompress is lights out, hot bath, hot tea, and candles lit and calming music. It will change your life, I’m serious.
- Tzatziki Creamy Garlic Cucumber Dip: So good!! Great with cucumbers for a snack, or even can add to chicken and rice to make your own at home greek food.
- Cauliflower fried rice: Super good & convenient. Add an egg if you feeling fancy!
- TJ’s Coffee Creamer Hazelnut: This is Lactose Free, and now my favorite creamer on the market. I am not intolerant to dairy, but my body loves me more when I do not consume as much of it. This has such a great taste, and I feel better when I drink this over other creamers.
- The Mediterranean Hummus: TJ’s has loads of options on hummus but trust me on this one, this one is the best! So good and a huge tub.
- Carrots: I am not sure why I am sharing this one, but I have been on a huge carrot kick. I love the crunch and the satisfaction they give me. If you snack a lot, keep carrots on hand to eat when you are getting that craving.
- Kerrygold butter: if you have heard of bulletproof, this is what those who go by that use. I am not sure all the facts, but those people are insanely healthy so I use this when I need butter.
- Coconut aminos : the healthy dupe to soy sauce. I do not use soy sauce all the time but got this and honestly not bad. If you use soy sauce a lot I am not sure you would say it tastes the same, but for me I think it is similar and so much better for you!
- Edamame: Goes great with the coconut aminos! I sometimes will add this to a stir fry or my salad.
- Peanut butter filled Pretzels: ADDICTIVE.
- Trader Joe’s Pretzel Slims: Goes with everything. I eat this with the hummus, tzatziki dip, guacamole, & on their own. I even dipped this in cream cheese icing once & NO REGRETS.
- Cookie Butter: Just give me a spoon, thanks.
Honestly, there is even more I love and buy. The fresh fruit, salad mixes, meats, and wines are also amazing!! If you do not have a Trader Joe’s near you get in your car and drive to the nearest one ASAP. Also leave a comment below or shoot me a DM if there is something you recommend I try!! I hope everyone crushes their week!